Acid Neutralizing Absorbent
Tealsorb AC Acid Neutralizing Absorbent Powder is specially designed and formulated to clean-up Acid and Acidic Spills. Tealsorb AC is a unique, engineered mineral formulated to absorb and neutralize all acid spills (except Hydrofluoric Acid).
Unlike clay, cellulose, peat, cotton lint/ fibers, and other agricultural based solutions, Tealsorb AC Acid Neutralizing Powder is designed to bring the acid into its structure and neutralize it at the same time. The acid is then captured, leaving behind a residue free surface and a manageable clump of absorbed material. A color indicator further contributes to the clean-up efforts, as Tealsorb AC turns purple during the acid neutralization process, returning to yellow once the reaction is complete. Thus giving response crews a visible sense of security.
Tealsorb AC Lightweight Ultra Absorbent Properties
- Weighs an average of 12 lbs per 5 gal bag (approx. 0.80 cubic feet)
- Absorbs 3 times its own weight in liquid
- Absorbs spill quickly and efficiently
- Weighs little more than the original spill after absorbent is added
Why Use It?
- Less product consumption than the average absorbents
- Lowest overall mass to landfill
- Reduced trucking rates due to lightweight and absorbency nature of Tealsorb AC
- Quickest and fastest clean up time compared to average absorbents
We also offer a full line of Spill Kits specifically designed for the clean up and neutralization of acid spills.
Tealsorb AC SDS: teal-sorb-ac-sds.pdf
How to use Teal Sorb Neutralizing Absorbent
- Apply Tealsorb around the edges of the spill
- Using a stiff bristle brush/broom, push Tealsorb into the spill
- Continue to brush back and forth in a circular motion over the spill until all the spill is removed
- Add more Tealsorb if acid residue is still present
- Add more Tealsorb if Tealsorb does not turn yellow during the acid neutralization process
- Dispose of Tealsorb according to the local, state, federal, and international regulations and guidelines